Eyebrows truly have power. They can completely change the look of the face by correcting minor flaws such as small eyes or eyes that are too far apart. The right brow shape can add length and definition to your face. Not only do eyebrows help shape your face, they also are key in nonverbal communication and they also draw attention to your eyes.
Chances are you spend a fair amount of time perfecting their shape and style of your eyebrows. There are plenty of ways to perfect your eyebrows—from procedures like microblading to using eyebrow makeup to accentuate their shape. The latest brow trend you might have started hearing about is Ombré Powder Brows…and guess what? Millennium Day Spa & Salon has added Ombré Powder Brows to our services.
What are Ombré Powder Brows?
Ombré powder eyebrows—also known as ombré eyebrows—refers to a semi-permanent method of shading the brow which is 100% customizable and is great for anyone who wants a soft and natural look. Ombré powder brows differs from traditional tattooing in that the application is done on the epidermis layer of the skin. The ombré brows technique uses a machine to create pixelated dots that create a powder-like, shaded brow look that starts light at the front of your brows and transitions to being darker at the ends.
How do Ombré brows differ from Microbladed brows?
- Ombré powder brows are less invasive. Microblading uses a hand-tool that creates incisions or small cuts into the skin. Over time, repeated incisions into the same spots will cause trauma to the skin more quickly.
- Ombré powder brows are less painful and have no or limited bleeding. Microblading creates cuts into the skin, thus more bleeding is involved. With ombré powder brows, minimal to zero blood surfaces during the procedure. Some of our clients say that getting ombré powder brows is a similar sensation to an electric toothbrush pressed against the skin or rapid tweezing; some discomfort is to be expected as a needle is utilized.
- Ombré brows generally last longer. Results do vary based on lifestyle, skin type, health, preferences, etc., but an ombré powder brows session, can last on average 2-3 years. Whereas, Microblading has a high likelihood of healing blotchy, spotty or with blurred strokes, thus requiring more frequent touch-ups, generating more long term wear and tear on the skin, eventually maxing out the skin’s lifetime capacity quickly.
- Ombré powder brows are great for any skin type. Microblading is not suitable for those with oily skin. Microblading on oily skin requires several touch-ups, which causes more trauma to the skin.
- Ombré powder brows have a more natural look. The healed results appear like softly shaded brow pencil or powder. Immediately after the treatment, ombré powder brows can appear more saturated and bold, however, brows will fade 20-30%, leaving a very soft finish and shape that will allow our clients to quickly groom their brows going forward.
Aftercare for Ombré Powder Brows
Typically, your brows will take seven to 14 days to heal. During the first seven days, avoid getting your ombré eyebrows wet—and yes, this includes showering and washing your face. You should also avoid intense exercise, applying makeup, and spending prolonged time in the sun! To help the healing process, you’ll need to apply an ointment daily throughout the duration of your ombré brows healing stages.
Of course, when you have ombré brows done, you’ll receive detailed instructions on aftercare, which you should follow.